Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The absolute best chocolate muffin recipe around...you won't just stop at eating one of these...although this recipe makes 12 muffins, better make a double batch (in two separate bowls), cause, you will need it!
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a deep 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Melt the chocolate squares in the microwave, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the chocolate.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, brown sugar, semisweet, and white chocolate chips, milk, olive oil and the egg, until very well blended.
- Divide the batter among the lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until well risen, and firm to the touch.
- Serve warm or room-temp.
I was really excited about making these muffins. The flavor is definitely worth 5 stars, but they were a mess otherwise :-( They were very crumbly, falling apart as you tried to eat them. I dont know if there was a mistake in the measurements above, but I followed the recipe EXACTLY, and the texture just wasnt there. They just completely crumbled and fell apart when we tried to eat them. I will try this recipe again, adjusting as needed and will review again. Im sorry I couldnt rate them any higher... i wish I could because the flavor was definitely there. Thanks...