Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I just crafted this gem in my kitchen...it's classic deviled eggs with an oniony twist!
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 2⁄3 cup homemade mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes (dried chopped onions)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon honey
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash pepper
For the mayo
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup extra light olive oil
- An easy way I've found to peel the eggs is tap the side of the egg with the sharp end of the knife until you have a vertical line of broken shell, then slice through the egg. Take an oiled spoon and slowly work it until it's under the egg and then you should be able to pop it out easily! Much faster once you get the hang of it, and the only drawbacks are sometimes you have to wipe off some bits of eggshell, but not often.
- Whisk first five mayo ingredients together, then slowly, drop by drop add the first 1/2 a cup of oil while whisking constantly. Then add rest of oil and whisk until it's thick and fluffy. Set aside 1/3 cup of mayo to use for sandwiches, etc.
- For eggs: Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, except paprika and egg whites. I used a whisk. Then scoop out the egg yolk mixture and place in eggs, dust with paprika.
- Mayo recipe was borrowed from epicurious.com.