Recipe by Suzy_Q
I made these for Christmas and the entire tray was quickly demolished. People chose these over the fancier appetizers and I got compliments all night. They're great for Easter of course, parties, BBQ's picnics etc. There's wiggle room with this recipe depending on your preference & what you have on hand, so play around with it! **NOTE: I like to use medium eggs for a 2-bite finger food but large eggs work fine. I don't recommend larger than that. I buy mine as far in advance as I remember so they peel easily, as fresh eggs are hard to peel. I use Martha Stewart's simple, fool-proof method of boiling the eggs.**
Top Review by lazyme
Yum. We really enjoyed these eggs to snack on while watching football. There were simple and we liked the flavor that the pickle juice added. Thanks for sharing. Made for What's on the Menu tag.
- 12 medium eggs, hard boiled
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon vinegar or 1 tablespoon pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon onions, grated or 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice eggs carefully and remove the yolks into a bowl by gently squeezing the egg. Mash the yolks thoroughly with a fork. ***THIS STEP IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR A SMOOTH FILLING. Do not add any ingredients to the yolks until they're finely pulverized or else you'll end up with lumps.***.
- Add remaining ingredients (minus paprika) and mix very well. Taste and adjust ingredients to taste.
- Put filling into an icing bag* and pipe the filling into the center of the eggs pulling a little up toward the top of the white for an evenly distributed filling.
- Garnish with a light sprinkling of paprika. Refrigerate until use.
- * If you don't have an icing bag: take a ziplock bag and cut 3 small slits in one corner with a scissor. Add filling and pipe out of the corner of the bag. (You can also use a small spoon to dollop in the filling if you don't want to get too fancy.).