Recipe by Scandigirl
This is a wonderful sweet salad and it looks good and tastes good as well. A friend gave me the glass bowl with the recipe as a birthday gift. I often cut the recipe down and make it for a little family get-together! The cook time is the actual chill time!
- 2 cups lettuce, torn into pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups mushrooms, fresh,sliced
- 2 cups English cucumbers
- 2 cups frozen peas, thaw and drained
- 2 cups mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup almonds, sliced,roasted
Options for salad
- 1 cup water chestnut, sliced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped or rings
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled bacon, pieces cooked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip (or use All mayonnaise instead of half and half)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large straight-sided glass bowl, layer the lettuce, broccoli, mushrooms, cucumber slices, peas and drained mandarin oranges.
- Top with lightly roasted almonds.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, Miracle Whip with the brown sugar.
- Mix well and add the garlic powder.
- Spread mixture evenly over salad.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Cover and chill 8-12 hours before serving.