12 hrs 30 mins
This is a wonderful sweet salad and it looks good and tastes good as well. A friend gave me the glass bowl with the recipe as a birthday gift. I often cut the recipe down and make it for a little family get-together! The cook time is the actual chill time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups lettuce, torn into pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups mushrooms, fresh,sliced
- 2 cups English cucumbers
- 2 cups frozen peas, thaw and drained
- 2 cups mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup almonds, sliced,roasted
Options for salad
- 1 cup water chestnut, sliced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped or rings
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon, pieces cooked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1In a large straight-sided glass bowl, layer the lettuce, broccoli, mushrooms, cucumber slices, peas and drained mandarin oranges.
- 2Top with lightly roasted almonds.
- 3In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, Miracle Whip with the brown sugar.
- 4Mix well and add the garlic powder.
- 5Spread mixture evenly over salad.
- 6Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 7Cover and chill 8-12 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Deep Dish Layered Salad
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.6
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.2 mg
- Sodium 227.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 8.2 g