Prep 3 hrs
Cook 10 mins
I don't care for sugar cookies at all and I thought these really were the best darn sugar cookies ever! These cookies are so light and have a fabulous texture. Everyone is sure to love them.
- Cream sugar, butter, powdered sugar, and oil.
- Then cream in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix baking soda, cream of tartar, and flour.
- Start adding dry ingredients to creamed ingredients less than 1 cup at a time.
- Chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Drop 1-2" balls on the cookie sheet.
- If you would like, you can flatten the balls with the bottom of a drinking glass that has been dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are browned.
- You can also sprinkle on cinnamon and sugar, colored sugar sprinkles, etc.
These are an excellent sugar cookie. However, your yield amount is way off. I got 64 very large cookies. I wondered when I saw the 4 plus cups of flour. I will certainly make these again.
These sugar cookies are very, very, good! They are soft, light, and rich. I also flattened the cookie with a glass dipped in sugar and cinnamon. Yum, yum!
I made these last night and added the nutmeg as another reviewer suggested. My hubby threw his in the trash after one bite. I like nutmeg in a lot of things, but these cookies are NOT one of them. Would have probably been good without that addition. I should have known better. Otherwise, were flaky, melt in your mouth and uniform in shape and color. Made them for a neighbor's 1st grade son to take to his teacher. I hope she doesn't flunk him. ;(