I don't care for sugar cookies at all and I thought these really were the best darn sugar cookies ever! These cookies are so light and have a fabulous texture. Everyone is sure to love them.
- Cream sugar, butter, powdered sugar, and oil.
- Then cream in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix baking soda, cream of tartar, and flour.
- Start adding dry ingredients to creamed ingredients less than 1 cup at a time.
- Chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Drop 1-2" balls on the cookie sheet.
- If you would like, you can flatten the balls with the bottom of a drinking glass that has been dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are browned.
- You can also sprinkle on cinnamon and sugar, colored sugar sprinkles, etc.