Recipe by chefdef
These are the best baked beans I have ever had. My husband asks for these at least once a week!
- 4 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 slices raw bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain beans, reserving liquid.
- Add all other ingredients except bacon into liquid and mix well.
- Gently fold beans into liquid.
- Pour into greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Place bacon on top.
- Bake at 375 for 45-60 minutes.
- Allow to cool 30 minutes before serving.