Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 20 mins
This crust is made with Indian Roti flour for perfect crispiness every time. My cousin works at Pizza Hut and he still thinks my pizza's are the best! Prep time includes time for the dough to rise, don't worry, you only work for about 8 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup hot water (to the touch)
- 3 cups roti flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup oregano (optional)
- 1 can pizza sauce
- sliced mushrooms (grate with your cheese grater for extra flavor)
- sun-dried tomato (dried, not in oil)
- artichoke heart
- turkey pepperoni
- grated mozzarella cheese
- Put first three ingredients in a bowl.
- My big stainless steel bowl works the best, because it conducts the heat from the water but doesn't cool down the yeast.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in with the foamy yeast mixture.
- I use Indian Roti flour for crispy crusts, perfect every time, but whole wheat or white flour works too.
- Cover the bowl and stand somewhere warm for an hour to rise.
- Divide dough in half and roll flat.
- I usually add a small handfull of flour when I do this or the dough tends to be sticky.
- Spray your pizza pans with Pam and toss on the dough.
- Spread half a can of pizza sauce on each crust, then add your toppings.
- My pizza's are famous for the toppings listed above (don't forget to put your tomatoes in boiling water for about five minutes before you add to pizza).
- Bake both pizza's at 350 F for about half an hour.