Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious and creamy marsala wine sauce paired with portobello mushroom stuffed ravioli. Copy-Cat of the Macaroni Grill Mushroom Ravioli entree.
- Fill a large pot with about 4 quarts of water. Set the burner to high and boil. Add frozen ravioli to boiling water for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally (very gently). The ravioli are done when they float to the top of the water.
- At the same time you are boiling the water, heat a large skillet with the olive oil. Add onions and mushrooms and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the Marsala wine and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 2-4 minutes, adding salt and pepper to taste. Stir in cream and milk and simmer for 5 minutes until heated.
- Serve in a recessed pasta plate. Pour a generous amount of creamy marsala wine sauce mixture over 3-4 ravioli and serve HOT.
- **Optional: Serve ravioli on a bed of bowtie pasta for a heartier serving, or substitute the ravioli for thin chicken breasts. Saute the chicken for 15 minutes before the mushrooms, then follow the recipe from there.
Awesome, just like Macaroni Grill. I dusted some chicken with flour cooked first removed from the pan, and made the recipe as instructed. Returned chicken to the pan letting it simmer till the pasta was done. Delish!!!!! Hubby says this is a keeper. Thanks for a great copy cat recipe.
This tasted almost exactly like a dish my boyfriend and I love from a local italian resturant! I made it as our New Year's meal and we both ate so much we had no room for dessert! So rich, so delicious and so appropriate for special occasions! Yum-o!
After reducing the cream and wine to 3/4 cup each and eliminating the milk, this sauce still seemed thin. I let it reduce longer, and it improved. Delicious flavor!