Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
I don't remember where I got this recipe from but I have been making it for over 10 years and my family still loves it. A nice change from the basic lasagna.
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 -15 ounce ricotta cheese
- 2 cans mushroom soup
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 cups cubed chicken
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Reserve 2/3 c mozza for top.
- In med bowl combine soup, milk, nutmeg, pepper and set aside.
- In another bowl combine spinach, egg and ricotta, mix well.
- In bottom of 9x13 spread 1/2 soup mix.
- Arrange 4 noodles on top.
- Top with 1/3 of remaining soup, 1/2 of spinach, 1/2 of mozza and 1/2 of chicken.
- Repeat layers ending with remaining noodles, soup and reserved 2/3 cup mozza and parmesan.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
This is a nice supper dish although I found it a bit bland. Very easy to make.
I love nutmeg in savory things so I doubled the nutmeg. Made this for a church potluck. I used no boil noodles, so I increased the milk. I also used a larger package of spinach. I mixed the frozen spinach into the cheese without defrosting. I covered the casserole for the first 1/2 hour because of the no boil noodles.