Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fantastic dip for veggies or buffalo wings :)
- 5 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste or use 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a bowl mash the blue cheese with the buttermilk until the mixture resembles large-curd cottage cheese.
- Add in sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and salt; mix until well blended.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
Delicious! I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. I've made it so many times.
This was delicious! It seemed to be the perfect consistency for both salad and wings, IMHO. I added a bit more blue cheese, just because I love it. Thanks for ANOTHER wonderful recipe!
I chose this recipe because it had a little less blue cheese than others. (I'm not a big blue cheese fan, but wanted some dressing for hot wings.) My version was a lot more like a dip than a dressing - way too thick for salad, in my opinion. It may have been due to me using light versions of mayo and sour cream. So, I highly recommend that you use the full fat versions. In fact, home made mayo would be even thinner than store bought and make this a much better consistency. (Oops! I just realized that I omitted the buttermilk. No wonder mine was too thick.) I did thin it with some canned milk, but it was still too thick. I'll have to try this again when it's not Super Bowl Sunday and the booze is flowing. (It just goes to show you how drinking and cooking can be hazardous to the success of a recipe.) The flavor, however, was excellent, even for blue cheese haters like me.