Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The recipe my mom uses and it is the best in my opinion. Adapted from Gooseberry Patch Flavors of Fall. Cook time is an estimate.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed (or if possible, an equivalent amount of fresh off the cob corn)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Add the first 5 ingredients to a saucepan; stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil; stir frequently.
- Lower heat; stir occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the margarine and flour until smooth; add to corn mixture.
- Continue to cook and stir constantly until thickened.
TO DIE FOR!!! Thank you so much, my thanksgiving guests couldn't stop eating this!
Rich and Delicious!I have always wisked in the flour to the milk & margerine in the pan. This time I melted the margarine and wisked the flour in as the recipe directs. I didn't have to wisk as much and it was delicious, perhaps it was the whipping cream. I brought the pan to a simmer.
I used the corn from 5 ears from my freezer; this was delicious and will definately be part of my Thanksgiving dinner this year. Thanks for posting this.