Prep 5 mins
Cook 22 mins
Delicious cream of tomato soup, it is dariy free and super easy to make. To serve sprinkle with chives and drizzle with coconut milk, kids love this with GF grilled cheese sandwich.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 gf bay leaf
- 13 1⁄2 ounces coconut milk
- 1 gluten free bay leaf
- In a large pot add coconut oil, onion, garlic and carrot, sauté on medium heat until just soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook for about 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add stock, maple syrup, lemon juice, thyme, bay leaf and tomatoes, simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, remove bay leaf and thyme, and add to food processor or blender, blend until smooth.
- Return to pot and stir in coconut milk, add sea salt to taste.