1/1 Photo of Best Cream of Tomato Soup
Delicious cream of tomato soup, it is dariy free and super easy to make. To serve sprinkle with chives and drizzle with coconut milk, kids love this with GF grilled cheese sandwich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 gf bay leaf
- 13 1/2 ounces coconut milk
- 1 gluten free bay leaf
- 1In a large pot add coconut oil, onion, garlic and carrot, sauté on medium heat until just soft, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add tomato paste and cook for about 2 minutes while stirring.
- 3Add stock, maple syrup, lemon juice, thyme, bay leaf and tomatoes, simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Remove from heat, remove bay leaf and thyme, and add to food processor or blender, blend until smooth.
- 5Return to pot and stir in coconut milk, add sea salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Cream of Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.3
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 24.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 120.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: