This recipe is thick and flavorful. Simple, delicious, and quick to make. Hope that you enjoy it as much as my family does. I have added chicken to this soup, very good
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium sized stock pot, and sauté onion, garlic and celery until tender.
- Add broccoli and broth; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Purée soup (I use a hand blender) or mash with potato masher.
- Return to heat.
- In small saucepan, over medium heat melt 3 tablespoons butter, stir in flour and add milk.
- Stir until thick and bubbly, add to soup.
- Add cheese; stir until melted.
- Season with pepper and serve.