1 hr 10 mins
Colorado Lauralee's Note:
This comes from About.com Southern Food. Put here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 -6 cups torn brioche bread (about 8 ounces) or 5 -6 cups rolls (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, coarsley chopped
- 2 oranges, juice and finely grated zest (about 1/2 cup juice and 2 teaspoons zest)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups half-and-half, heated until hot but not boiling
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1Butter a 9" square pan or 11 x 7 " baking dish.
- 2Heat oven to 350*.
- 3In a large bowl, combine torn bread, cranberries, orange zest, and juice.
- 4In another bowl, whisk together the vanilla, butter, half-and-half, and eggs.
- 5Pour over the bread; stir in the sugar.
- 6Let bread soak for about 5 minutes.
- 7Pour into prepared baking dish; place in a larger pan and place on rack in oven. Pour very hot water into the larger pan, to a depth of about 1/2 inch.
- 8Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until set.
- 9Serve with vanilla sauce, an orange custard sauce, or a little heavy cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Cranberry Orange Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.3
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 206.1 mg
- Sodium 151.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 38.3 g
- Protein 8.3 g