1/1 Photo of Best Corned Beef and Cabbage Ever!!!
4 hrs 30 mins
Cure SMA mommy's Note:
My Mother in Law pulled this recipe out of the local newspaper for me (The Daily News, Wed. March 14, 2007- Dijon-Glazed Corned Beef with Savory Cabbage and Red Potatoes). My husband is not a fan of Corned Beef, but when I make this it disappears! My 4 year old even eats this! I usually double the recipe for 5 of us and there is very little left.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 boneless corned beef brisket (3.5 to 4 lbs)
- 6 garlic cloves, pealed (I crushed mine as well)
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 2 cups water
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onion, including white and green parts
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 head green cabbage, cored, cut into 6 wedges (1 to 1.5 lbs)
- 1 1/2 lbs small red potatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1Position oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven.Heat oven to 350°F Place corned beef brisket in roasting pan, sprinkle garlic and peppercorns (*and seasoning packet if desired). Add water, cover tightly with aluminum foil. Braise in upper third of oven for 3 to 3.5 hours or until brisket is fork tender.
- 2Meanwhile place butter, green onions, horseradish, ground pepper and salt in glass measuring cup. Microwave on high 1 to 2 minute or until butter melts, mix well. Place cabbage wedges on half of baking sheet and potatoes on other half (when I double this recipe I put the cabbage on a baking sheet and the potatoes on their own baking sheet). Drizzle horseradish-butter mixture over vegetables, turning cabbage and tossing potatoes to coat. Cover with aluminum foil. Roast in lower third of 350°F oven with brisket for 55 minutes. Uncover vegetables, continue roasting 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and begin to brown.
- 3Combine glaze ingredients in a small bowl. Remove cooked brisket from roasting pan, place on rack in broiler pan so surface of brisket is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Brush glaze over brisket, broil 2 to 3 minute or until glaze is bubbly and beginning to brown.
- 4Carve brisket diagonally across grain into thin slices.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Corned Beef and Cabbage Ever!!!
Serving Size: 1 (640 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.9
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 428.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
corned beef brisket