1/8 Photos of Best Cornbread Ever
This is the best cornbread I've ever had. The cottage cheese melts into the batter and tastes great. Try the optional add-ins. This is a great complement to chili.
My Private Note
pan (9x ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Combine all ingredients and mix well -- it will be thicker than you expect.
- 3Pour into buttered 9" x 13" casserole dish.
- 4Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- 5This cornbread is very moist and dense.
- 6For a little variation, add one or more of the following: a can of chopped green chiles, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, 1 cup of pepperjack cheese, 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
- 7Let it cool for 10 minutes for best flavor.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Cornbread Ever
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.5
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 115.7 mg
- Sodium 627.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 9.6 g