1/8 Photos of Best Cornbread Ever
This is the best cornbread I've ever had. The cottage cheese melts into the batter and tastes great. Try the optional add-ins. This is a great complement to chili.
My Private Note
pan (9x ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Combine all ingredients and mix well -- it will be thicker than you expect.
- 3Pour into buttered 9" x 13" casserole dish.
- 4Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- 5This cornbread is very moist and dense.
- 6For a little variation, add one or more of the following: a can of chopped green chiles, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, 1 cup of pepperjack cheese, 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
- 7Let it cool for 10 minutes for best flavor.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Cornbread Ever
Serving Size: 1 (152 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.5
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 115.7 mg
- Sodium 627.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 9.6 g