Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is the best cornbread I've ever had. The cottage cheese melts into the batter and tastes great. Try the optional add-ins. This is a great complement to chili.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well -- it will be thicker than you expect.
- Pour into buttered 9" x 13" casserole dish.
- Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- This cornbread is very moist and dense.
- For a little variation, add one or more of the following: a can of chopped green chiles, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, 1 cup of pepperjack cheese, 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes for best flavor.
This was awesome! The cottage cheese makes it extra tender and provides a nice "tangy" flavor. I added the canned green chili's and the shredded cheddar cheese....I figured "it's 'Zaar day, what the heck!" Two of my dinner guests asked for the recipe!
Excellent cornbread. It was very moist, and not dry and crumbly like plain Jiffy Mix cornbread. I was very pleased with the taste. I did add some chopped green chiles to give it a kick. The bread was delicious, and I will use this recipe again. Thanks for sharing.
I really like cornbread but I find a lot of cornbread turns out dry and crumbly. This sure did not. It was moist and good. I also added some chili and parmesan cheese. This will be made again. Thanks Zookeenee