Recipe by Zookeenee
This is the best cornbread I've ever had. The cottage cheese melts into the batter and tastes great. Try the optional add-ins. This is a great complement to chili.
Top Review by yooper
This was awesome! The cottage cheese makes it extra tender and provides a nice "tangy" flavor. I added the canned green chili's and the shredded cheddar cheese....I figured "it's 'Zaar day, what the heck!" Two of my dinner guests asked for the recipe!
- 2 boxes Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 pinch sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well -- it will be thicker than you expect.
- Pour into buttered 9" x 13" casserole dish.
- Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- This cornbread is very moist and dense.
- For a little variation, add one or more of the following: a can of chopped green chiles, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, 1 cup of pepperjack cheese, 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes for best flavor.