Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a guideline
Make and share this Best Corn on the Cob Techniques recipe from Food.com.
- 6 shucked corn on the cob
- 1 gallon water
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (to taste)
- The key to the best COC is getting super fresh corn. DO NOT SHUCK AT THE STORE! Corn starts to lose it's sugar as soon as it is picked! Choose ears with lots of white kernels. Peaches & Cream is my favorite. Everyone overcooks corn.
- Bring water to boil and add some salt, sugar & lemon juice (up to you how much).
- If corn will sit on a plate and be served at a table then boil it 2 minutes.
- If corn will be eaten immediately boil it 3 minutes.
- Butter up and enjoy!