Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I know there are lots of corn casseroles out there, but this one has just the right combination of corn and cheese. I started making this for the big holiday dinners, but now it's become a regular vegetable side dish.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, not drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheese, of choice (I like it with cheddar)
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) package corn muffin mix (Jiffy is the best)
- Melt butter or margarine in large pan.
- Add whole kernel corn, cream style corn, sour cream, grated cheese, egg, and corn muffin mix.
- Stir until well blended.
- Place in an oblong baking dish, approximately 8 x 11 inches (2 quart casserole dish works also), that has been sprayed with nonstick vegetable spray (Pam).
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
This was missing something, maybe a little extra sour cream would have made it a little better. I don't think I will be making this over.
Finally a side dish that everyone in my family loves. Everyone raved about this one. It is definately fancy enough for holiday or company dinners but I will not be waiting for those to make it again.
this was a good dish. my husband and i both liked it. thanks, bjtaillights