Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this from my MIL on Labor Day - one of the best dishes she's ever brought to share. It's fun to mix half a red cabbage and half a green for more color. Great with BBQ meals, fried chicken, and more! Take it easy on the salt, you can always add more after it sits in the fridge.
- 1 head cabbage, shredded (use a mandolin or food processor as you choose)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (I use Beach Girl's Homemade Mayonnaise made with extra light tasting olive oil: http -- or /www.food)
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Mix everything in a large bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour.