Recipe by cinnabunny
The first time I ever tried cinnamon butter was at an overnight camp when I was 13. Since then, I've tried countless combinations of sugar and cinnamon to match its creamy yet gritty perfection, if attainable at all. Fortunately, I think I've got it. It tastes delicious on any type of bread, toasted or not. It's fantastic for breakfast, and is super easy to prepare. Just beware that once you've tried it, it will be appearing in your kitchen much more frequently. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature, unsalted or salted
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sure butter is at room temperature. If not, microwave for 20 seconds, taking it out to check it every 5 seconds. You want it to be soft, not melted.
- Using the back of a spoon, mash the butter until it's smooth and creamy.
- Add the cinnamon, white sugar and brown sugar to the butter. Make sure the brown sugar is not in clumps when you add it to the butter.
- Mix well, until everything is combined. Serve chilled or at room temperature on bread or toast.