Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A very hearty chunky chili. Serve with sour cream on top or shredded cheese. Also, goes great with Italian bread. Makes a lot. Can cut in half to make smaller recipe.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 green peppers
- 2 red peppers
- 2 medium onions
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, not drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, not drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can black beans, not drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet McCormick mild chili seasoning
- 1⁄8 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- Using a large covered stock pot, brown the ground beef; drain the fat.
- Chop onion and peppers to a large dice about 1/2 an inch big.
- Cut the tomatoes so that they are chunky also.
- Add all ingredients to pot with beef. If chili looks too thick add a cup of water to pot.
- Mix together and simmer covered (stirring occasionally) for about 2 1/2 hours to 3 hours, until peppers are soft.
- Add more of the last 4 ingredients to your taste.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
- We like shredded cheddar on top.
- Store in containers in fridge or freezer.