Recipe by MichelleAndErin
Moist and fluffy chocolate cake with no hint of zucchini flavour. The zucchini just keeps it moist! Extremely quick to prepare, and always turns out well. Plus, there's so much zucchini in it, it's practically health food ... From my mom's friend Dina ...
Top Review by John A Funk
This is a tasty cake. I cut it in half this time and put it into an 8x8 pan, and through in a handful of chocolate chips too. Also I left out the margarine/butter and just added a splash more oil. Well actually I just left it out and pretty much everything else I guessed at the amount. Still turned out great.
One thing I added was a pinch of Hot Chili powder. The heat goes well with chocolate, and it becomes a "hot chocolate" cake. My sister taught that to me, now I do it regularly.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 2 dashes nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup soured milk
Directions See How It's Made
- *Note: for sour milk, just add a squirt of lemon juice to regular milk.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Grease a bundt pan and dist it with cocoa.
- Mix flour, sugar, eggs, margarin, oil, zucchini, and vanilla together in a big bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the dry ingredients: salt, baking powder,baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, cocoa.
- Alternately add milk and dry stuff to zucchini mixture, until all is mixed together.
- Pour into pan and pop it in the oven for 45min, or longer, depending on toothpick test.
- Recommended: drizzle with the chocolate chips just before putting it into the oven -- seems like shaved/sliced almonds would be grreat on it also!
- Alternative topping: instead of the chocolate chips, use Fudge Icing Recipe #78040 from this web site (http://www.recipezaar.com/Fudge-Icing-78040). I tried a few frostings and this one was the best with this cake and SO EASY! Amazing consistency.