Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe off a box of cake flour! I can't believe how delicious these were!! Yum!
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 4 eggs
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa, and sugar.
- Add the butter and mix at low speed for 1 minute. With the mixer running, add the oil and continue mixing until the mixture looks like sand.
- In a separate bowl, combine vanilla, milk, and water. Then add mixture all at once to the mixing bowl. Mix for 1 minute, scrap the sides and bottom of the bowl, then continue to mix for another 30 seconds.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well in between each addition. The batter should be thin.
- Divide evenly into 24 baking cups and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes, or when toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.