Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
from a friend, awesome
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3⁄4 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, brown sugar and eggs until creamy. Melt butter and mix into the sugars along with the vanilla. Stir in the flour a little at a time until well mixed. Add the chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until edges are just browned.
- *These do spread nicely on the sheets so a small spoonful does perfectly.
- They melted in my mouth and DH had the first sheet gone by the time I turned around to take the second batch off the sheet.
These were really good cookies. My 4 year old summed it up when he said, "They're chocolate yummy!". You can't get a better testimony than that! Perhaps I made mine larger than the recipe submitter, but mine took about 12 minutes to bake instead of 7. I'm sure I will be making these again soon. Made for Pick A Chef, Spring 2011.