Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever! They have crisp edges and chewy middles. I had tried many cookie recipes before I finally found this PERFECT one!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with the salt. Stir in the flour, chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven or until edges are nicely brown.
OMG - I could devour so many of these! I altered these a little... I took out the walnuts because I don't like nuts in my food, added 1/2 to 1 tsp of cinnamon, and I put about 2 1/2 cups of flour since I like moist cookies. These cookies were DELICIOUS!