- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by large spoonfulls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven.