Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on another site a long time ago and have been using it ever since.
Make and share this Best Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips and nuts. Drop by large spoonfulls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven.
Very good cookies. Thanks
These cookies are very good! I substituted the sugar with Splenda granulated and brown Sugar with Splenda Brown Sugar blend. Although I would love to have the nuts in them, however my family doesn't like nuts so I omitted them since they were optional anyway. I also made small drop cookies. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.