Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is from a Jean Pare book, and it really is the best. Freezes well too. Cook time does not include time for cooling and chilling.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 -2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- semisweet chocolate, shaved
- Crust: Melt butter in saucepan.
- Stir in crumbs, sugar and cocoa.
- Mix well.
- Press into bottom and 3/4 way up sides of ungreased 10 inch springform pan.
- Do not bake.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese and sugar until blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Mix in sour cream.
- Combine chocolate chips and butter in saucepan over low heat until melted.
- Stir often.
- Add chocolate to cheese mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in 325 degree oven for about 90 minutes until center is firm.
- Cool at room temperature, then chill.
- Top with whipped cream, raspberries and shaved chocolate.
this was very rich and smoooth. i did a different crust and omitted the topping. i also omitted the butter with the chocolate and put 3different chocolates in it and a healthy dose of vanilla wich i think enhanced the flavor a lot. very easy and delicious and RICH! thanks
This was the first cheesecake I ever made--it was Wonderful! I switched once to oreo crumbs for the crust and that was even better. Definitely a keeper!
Veryyyy tasty and already a recipe my kids want me to save and make again! Thanks so much for this recipe. I'm going to thoroughly enjoy expanding my waistline with this one! Shakin_bakin_Mom