Recipe by lucy k.
This is from a Jean Pare book, and it really is the best. Freezes well too. Cook time does not include time for cooling and chilling.
Top Review by sprue
this was very rich and smoooth. i did a different crust and omitted the topping. i also omitted the butter with the chocolate and put 3different chocolates in it and a healthy dose of vanilla wich i think enhanced the flavor a lot. very easy and delicious and RICH! thanks
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 -2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- semisweet chocolate, shaved
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: Melt butter in saucepan.
- Stir in crumbs, sugar and cocoa.
- Mix well.
- Press into bottom and 3/4 way up sides of ungreased 10 inch springform pan.
- Do not bake.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese and sugar until blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Mix in sour cream.
- Combine chocolate chips and butter in saucepan over low heat until melted.
- Stir often.
- Add chocolate to cheese mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in 325 degree oven for about 90 minutes until center is firm.
- Cool at room temperature, then chill.
- Top with whipped cream, raspberries and shaved chocolate.