1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
lucy k.'s Note:
This is from a Jean Pare book, and it really is the best. Freezes well too. Cook time does not include time for cooling and chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1Crust: Melt butter in saucepan.
- 2Stir in crumbs, sugar and cocoa.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Press into bottom and 3/4 way up sides of ungreased 10 inch springform pan.
- 5Do not bake.
- 6Filling: Beat cream cheese and sugar until blended.
- 7Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- 8Mix in sour cream.
- 9Combine chocolate chips and butter in saucepan over low heat until melted.
- 10Stir often.
- 11Add chocolate to cheese mixture.
- 12Pour into prepared pan.
- 13Bake in 325 degree oven for about 90 minutes until center is firm.
- 14Cool at room temperature, then chill.
- 15Top with whipped cream, raspberries and shaved chocolate.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Chocolate Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 707.9
- Calories from Fat 491
- Total Fat 54.6 g
- Saturated Fat 31.4 g
- Cholesterol 195.5 mg
- Sodium 394.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 42.3 g
- Protein 8.7 g