1/2 Photos of Best Chocolate Cake Ever!
1 hr 10 mins
This cake is a moist and rich chocolate cake. Great served with ice cream or custard to cut the richness slightly. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces flour
- 8 ounces butter (softened)
- 8 ounces sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (if you like it more chocolaty, just taste and add more cocoa at the end)
For the icing
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Butter and dust with flour a 12 inch baking tin and put to side.
- 3Combine together flour, sugar and butter in electric mixer until all mixed together.
- 4Add the eggs until mixture is smooth.
- 5Mix together cocoa and water so there are no lumps of powder.
- 6Add into the mixture of flour, sugar, butter and eggs until all combined.
- 7Taste to see if any more cocoa is needed. If so, you can just add some of the powder.
- 8Add the baking powder but don't over mix.
- 9Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking tin and put into oven.
- 10Leave for about 30 - 40 minutes then check on the cake.
- 11If a knife comes out clean, it is ready. If not, leave for another 5 - 10 minutes then check again.
- 12Once the cake is ready, remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- 13While the cake is cooling, mix the cocoa and icing sugar with a tiny bit of water until you get a good consistency for icing the cake.
- 14Ice the cake and serve!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Chocolate Cake Ever!
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 625.1
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 205.2 mg
- Sodium 442.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 38.1 g
- Protein 10.2 g