1/1 Photo of Best Chili Ever - Catalina Mama, Two Beggin' Beef Pie Soup
1 hr 30 mins
Rich Mann's Note:
Growing up poor after Dad died - a German butcher - mom kept the two of us going on recipes that were tasty but inexpensive. Next to "Breaded Veal", the “Filet Mignon” of my youth, this ground beef chili recipe was a gourmet meal and a welcome treat on a cold day. Mild and sweet, kids love this thick soup, especially with "Ritz" or similar crackers. Remember to rinse the meat in a colander after cooking to reduce saturated fats. They're not needed for flavor. To reproduce the taste I remember, I've included the brand names of the ingredients my Mom used and that I still use today. I hope you all enjoy! The weird name for this recipe is simply a tribute to my Mom and the fact that it's two of almost every ingredient, making it easy to remember.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the ground beef to a chunky consistency in the pot or pan of your choice and after cooking, rinse under hot water in a colander to reduce saturated fats.
- 2Return to your favorite 4 quart pot or pan that has a cover and add the remaining ingredients.
- 3Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer one hour -- or more if you have the time. Watch it and allow it to reduce to a thickness you would enjoy.
- 4Like most chili recipes, this one tastes better the second day and even better the third! Freezes well for ready made meals.
- 5As a variation, add a small can of V-8 juice if you'd like added salt and a hint of celery. Explore your tastes and make it your own!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Chili Ever - Catalina Mama, Two Beggin' Beef Pie Soup
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 574.8
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 104.3 mg
- Sodium 1272.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 37.2 g