This is the number one most requested dish at my house. Even my picky pre-teen daughters love this. Legend has it that this dish is named after a nineteenth century opera singer, Luisa Tetrazzini. This dish MUST be made a day in advance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook chicken in lots of water until done. Save the stock!
- 2Tear chicken into pieces and toss with onion salt and celery salt. Set aside.
- 3Cook 1/2 lb of spaghetti per label directions in the reserved chicken stock. (add more water as needed).
- 4Drain spaghetti and place in 9 x 13 baking dish.
- 5In a skillet heat 3 tbsp butter,1 tbsp lemon juice and 1/2 tsp salt until melted. Pour this mixture over cooked spaghetti and toss lightly.
- 6In same skillet slowly heat another 3 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp flour, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/8 tsp nutmeg and 1/4 tsp paprika until smooth and thick. Remove from heat.
- 7Add whipping cream to above mixture and stir.
- 8Add the above to the chicken and toss.
- 9Spoon chicken evenly over spaghetti.
- 10Cover the chicken and spaghetti with 2/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- 11Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 12Cook uncovered for 25 minutes in a 400 degree oven and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Chicken Tetrazzini
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 907.3
- Calories from Fat 525
- Total Fat 58.4 g
- Saturated Fat 31.5 g
- Cholesterol 234.7 mg
- Sodium 785.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 45.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: