1/1 Photo of Best Chicken Stock
Simple easy to make chicken stock made from chicken bones, and scraps; and a few staple vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1When you have saved enough chicken bones, its time to make a good rich stock.
- 2Throw all the bones into a large stock pot (at least 12 qts.).
- 3Chop up the celery, carrots, onions, and put into the pot.
- 4Add bay leafs, and parsley stems. Fill with 10 to 12 qts of water.
- 5Salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Bring slowly to a boil and be sure to skim off the grey scum that will rise to the top.
- 7Simmer for 3- 4 hours.
- 8Cool and strain out all solids with a screen or cheese cloth.
- 9Degrease by using a degreaser or let sit and fat will rise and form on top, skim off.
- 10Great for soups, and a sautes. I always freeze some in ice cube trays for smaller recipes.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Chicken Stock
Serving Size: 1 (11798 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 15.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 38.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: