Simple easy to make chicken stock made from chicken bones, and scraps; and a few staple vegetables.
Make and share this Best Chicken Stock recipe from Food.com.
- When you have saved enough chicken bones, its time to make a good rich stock.
- Throw all the bones into a large stock pot (at least 12 qts.).
- Chop up the celery, carrots, onions, and put into the pot.
- Add bay leafs, and parsley stems. Fill with 10 to 12 qts of water.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring slowly to a boil and be sure to skim off the grey scum that will rise to the top.
- Simmer for 3- 4 hours.
- Cool and strain out all solids with a screen or cheese cloth.
- Degrease by using a degreaser or let sit and fat will rise and form on top, skim off.
- Great for soups, and a sautes. I always freeze some in ice cube trays for smaller recipes.
This is a great chicken stock masha Allah. I did use bones and carcass that had cooked chicken on them that was not going to be eaten. I used two large bay leaves, sea salt and 8 whole peppercorns. I will use this over and over again.