1/1 Photo of Best Chicken Soup Ever
1 hr 5 mins
I took a few recipes and made a combination to create my very own chicken noodle soup - which I now freeze and give to my family and friends when they are sick!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs diced boneless chicken breasts (and or or thighs)
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 2/3 cup chopped carrot
- 2/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (12 ounce) bag extra broad egg noodles
- 1Heat olive oil in large stock pot.
- 2Add diced chicken pieces to pot to brown chicken, and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- 3Add onions, celery, garlic and carrots and saute so everything begins to "sweat".
- 4Add all seasonings and cook for a few more minutes.
- 5Add chicken stock to mixture in pot and stir.
- 6Add spinach leaves to stock and stir.
- 7Bring this to a boil, uncovered.
- 8Reduce to simmer and cook for about 15-20 minutes, seasoning broth to taste.
- 9Add 1 cup of water to pot, bring to boil again.
- 10Add the bag of noodles directly to pot and cook for another 15 minutes.
- 11Once noodles are cooked, remove pot from heat.
- 12When cooled, you can refrigerate or freeze.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Chicken Soup Ever
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.7
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 38.8 mg
- Sodium 624.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 14.8 g