I took a few recipes and made a combination to create my very own chicken noodle soup - which I now freeze and give to my family and friends when they are sick!!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs diced boneless chicken breasts (and or or thighs)
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 2⁄3 cup chopped carrot
- 2⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (12 ounce) bagextra broad egg noodles
- Heat olive oil in large stock pot.
- Add diced chicken pieces to pot to brown chicken, and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add onions, celery, garlic and carrots and saute so everything begins to "sweat".
- Add all seasonings and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add chicken stock to mixture in pot and stir.
- Add spinach leaves to stock and stir.
- Bring this to a boil, uncovered.
- Reduce to simmer and cook for about 15-20 minutes, seasoning broth to taste.
- Add 1 cup of water to pot, bring to boil again.
- Add the bag of noodles directly to pot and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Once noodles are cooked, remove pot from heat.
- When cooled, you can refrigerate or freeze.