1/1 Photo of Best Chicken Salad - Ever!
The Cafe Sucre Farine's Note:
An herb and lemony chicken salad, made with a fantastic homemade mayonnaise that takes this already yummy salad right over the top. You can whip it up long before you can run to the store for a more expensive and less tasty product. Fabulous for sandwiches, salads, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups shredded cooked chicken, from rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup mayonnaise, homemade, recipe below
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1/4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herb, parsley, basil, and thyme work well
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard (or dijon mustard)
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1For homemade mayonaise - in a glass bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and other ingredients (except the oil). Starting very slowly (just a drop at a time) whisk the oil into the egg yolk mixture. Once an emulsion forms you can increase the oil to a thin stream. Continue whisking in the oil until it is all incorporated. Can be refrigerated up to one week.
- 2Combine chicken with enough mayonnaise to moisten (according to taste). Fold in the celery, scallions and herbs. Season with salt and lots of pepper.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Chicken Salad - Ever!
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 724.6
- Calories from Fat 535
- Total Fat 59.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 590.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 36.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: