I am a big-time fajita lover and these really are the best! They come from Rachel Ray's cookbook (which I highly reccomend - 30 min. meals). If you dont like spicy, dont be alarmed, just lower the hot sauce and leave out the jalepeno - you dont want to miss this recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- fresh oregano
- thyme, combined (or a couple shakes of dried)
- 0.5 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb steak or 4 boneless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut in 1/2 inch strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded & cut in 1/2 inch strips
- 2 poblano chiles, cut into strips (optional)
- salt & pepper
Pico De Gallo (fresh salsa)
- 1Mix marinade and set aside.
- 2Coat meat or poultry and let sit.
- 3Mix together pico de gallo in small bowl and set aside.
- 4In saucepan, drizzle with olive oil over med-high heat.
- 5Add onions, peppers and chiles- toss occasionally and turn off heat once tender.
- 6In second skillet over high heat, drop meat or poultry in and sear for 2 mins each side.
- 7Remove from heat, slice thin and return to pan to brown and cook through.
- 8Warm tortillas according to package, fill with meat, poultry, peppers and pico de gallo- MMMM!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Chicken or Steak Fajitas Ever!
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.5
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 263.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 12.1 g