Recipe by blisstir
I am a big-time fajita lover and these really are the best! They come from Rachel Ray's cookbook (which I highly reccomend - 30 min. meals). If you dont like spicy, dont be alarmed, just lower the hot sauce and leave out the jalepeno - you dont want to miss this recipe!
Top Review by John W Wenzelburger
The taste of the meat was great I cut out all the chili peppers I don't like spicy hot and did not make the Pico De Gallo I just used a jar of sausa I had on hand. I added cut up fresh tomatoes to the onion green peppers which I love in Fajitas.
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- fresh oregano
- thyme, combined (or a couple shakes of dried)
- 0.5 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb steak or 4 boneless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut in 1/2 inch strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded & cut in 1/2 inch strips
- 2 poblano chiles, cut into strips (optional)
- salt & pepper
Pico De Gallo (fresh salsa)
- finely chopped tomatoes
- serrano peppers or jalapeno chile, chopped fine
- minced onion
- mint (optional)
- and tortilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix marinade and set aside.
- Coat meat or poultry and let sit.
- Mix together pico de gallo in small bowl and set aside.
- In saucepan, drizzle with olive oil over med-high heat.
- Add onions, peppers and chiles- toss occasionally and turn off heat once tender.
- In second skillet over high heat, drop meat or poultry in and sear for 2 mins each side.
- Remove from heat, slice thin and return to pan to brown and cook through.
- Warm tortillas according to package, fill with meat, poultry, peppers and pico de gallo- MMMM!