Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe will win the hearts of your whole family. Only an hour to prepare and most of the ingrediates you already have in your kitchen. This is great when you're feeling down....or a wonderful dish to warm you up on a cold day.
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 (8 ounce) cans low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 2 (8 ounce) cans low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 5 stalks celery
- 2 large carrots
- 1 large yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can biscuit dough, Refridgerated, Butter Flavor (Not Buttermilk )
- In large soup pot bring chicken broth to a boil. Chop onion, celery, carrot, garlic and add to broth. Add chicken thighs. Boil covered for 30 minutes. With a slotted spoon take out any large pieces of chicken and tear apart with a fork, returning chicken to pot when you're done. Add all four cans of soup and stir. Wait until mixture comes to a boil again before adding the biscuit dough.
- Take the dough out of the package and tear each biscuit into four pieces. With the palms of your hands make a small dough ball out of each piece and drop in boiling mixture.
- Continue boiling until all dough has risen from the bottom of the pot and then let cool for 20 minutes. Serve with warm bread.
This recipe was great although I did change a few things. I used 1 900 ml chicken broth no salt added I added an extra carrot and extra onion I used pepper basil and oregano I also used a little vegetable powder soup mix I used 2 lbs chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts instead Dumplings I used 4 cups Bisquick and a little less than 1.5 cups milk .. also added a bit of shredded cheese and basil After I dropped in the dumplings I Baked it at 400 for about 15 mins so the dumplings wouldn't be so doughy! Enjoy! U u
Easy to make and tastes great. Shared this with friends and everyone loved it. Great comfort food.