1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Found this on YouTube a few years back. It was done by a chef. I can't find it on there anymore & keep misplacing my written recipe. Figured I'd load it here for safe keeping. Although there are several similar recipes here I didn't find any quite like this one. It's great tasting & if you're in a hurry you can use a roasted chicken from the store! Prep time includes 1 hour to cook chicken if needed. If you get the precooked from the store it only takes me about 15 minutes to shred, mix & roll
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shred your chicken.
- 2add hot sauce, salt & cumin.
- 3add tablespoon of chile sauce & little over 1/2 the cheese.
- 4mix well.
- 5coat the bottom of casserole pan with 4-5 spoonfuls of chile sauce.
- 6warm corn tortilla over heat to soften for rolling.
- 7fill full should make 10 enchiladas.
- 8cover with green chile sauce, using a spoon make sure sauce gets down between each enchilada.
- 9cover with remaining cheese.
- 10bake uncovered in 375 oven for 30min.
- 11Serve garnished with sour cream, fresh diced tomatos, green onion, avacado, whatever you like.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BEST Chicken Enchiladas Verde EVER
Serving Size: 1 (461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 936.6
- Calories from Fat 630
- Total Fat 70.0 g
- Saturated Fat 29.4 g
- Cholesterol 275.9 mg
- Sodium 1306.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 68.7 g