Recipe by Ratatouille245
This is a Thai Chicken Curry recipe. I really like it. I hope you all do too!
Top Review by Christina d.
I thought it was excellent as well, nice balance of spices and not too hot. I unfortunately didn't have bay leaves tonight but still came out wonderful! I made mine with beef, filet actually. I was going to throw some frozen peas in at the last few minutes but forgot. =) Yum!
- 1 lb of cubed chicken or 1 lb beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 -2 big potato
- 1 big carrot, cut into pieces
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chopped onions into a pan. Add in the 2 tbls of oil and cook on medium high heat until onions are transparent.
- Once onions are transparent put in either diced chicken or beef and cook for 6 minutes.
- Mix in the coconut milk and water with the onions and chicken.
- Add the spices and veggies to the milk mixture.
- Simmer for at least 20-30 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Server over steamed Basmati rice.