Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a Thai Chicken Curry recipe. I really like it. I hope you all do too!
Make and share this Best Chicken Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb of cubed chicken or 1 lb beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 -2 big potato
- 1 big carrot, cut into pieces
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces water
- Place chopped onions into a pan. Add in the 2 tbls of oil and cook on medium high heat until onions are transparent.
- Once onions are transparent put in either diced chicken or beef and cook for 6 minutes.
- Mix in the coconut milk and water with the onions and chicken.
- Add the spices and veggies to the milk mixture.
- Simmer for at least 20-30 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Server over steamed Basmati rice.
I thought it was excellent as well, nice balance of spices and not too hot. I unfortunately didn't have bay leaves tonight but still came out wonderful! I made mine with beef, filet actually. I was going to throw some frozen peas in at the last few minutes but forgot. =) Yum!
Very nice. We made it as per the recipe, but added a few more veggies at the end. It may be the curry powder that we used, but it was quite spicy. Not too hot for me, but probably for some. We also didn't need as much coconut milk as prescribed.
Hi there, we enjoyed this very much. I used beef as that was what I had in the fridge, and wanted to make something quick. I think that your instructions could be a bit clearer, I would of added the spices and cooked it for just a bit then added the water to stop your spices burning then added the veg and milk. But I have made a lot of curries and could read between the lines. It is a very good recipe and your spices are very well balanced. I must give it 5 stars as it was very good but to someone that hasn't made a curry before might struggle hope I haven't offended you that's just how I would make it. I will make it again. Made for PAC Spring 2010