Recipe by ChefborID
I made this Recipe up I basically really dont measure with this recipe as far as spices go. You really cant mess it up. All the ingredients in this recipe do the work for you. The key is making sure that the peepers and onions are softened. The potatoes are really cooked. Also when everything is in the Sauce Pot you want to make sure that everything is covered in Sauce. If It isnt add more butter and a little more white wine. Everyone loves this recipe it is a one of kind dish
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 8 thin sliced chicken cutlets
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 12 -15 baby red potatoes
- 16 ounces Smart Balance butter spread
- 2 ounces white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 lbs ziti pasta
- vegetable oil
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat Frying pan with vegetable oil. Dice up the chicken into small pieces. Cook in the frying pan.
- As chicken is cooking slice up the baby red potatoes. Once chicken is done cooking remove from the frying pan, and put into a small bowl.
- Put the babyred potates in the frying pan and fry them until browned and crispy. As they are cooking spinkle some salt and pepper to taste. ( I normally put alot).
- In a Sauce Pot put in oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Once it is heated Put in the garlic. Sautee until golden brown.
- Put in the 2 small tubs of smart balance.
- At this time Put in the Salt, pepper, Parsley, basil, white wine into the butter mixture.
- Slice the peppers into thin one inch long pieces.
- Slice the onion in thin slice's so they remain circles.
- Put into the Butter Mixture -- (You want to make sure that the peppers and onion get soft).
- Put the onions and Potatoes into the mixture.
- Let it all simmer It doesnt really matter how long. I think that the longer the better so the flavors can be absorbed.
- Get a big pot and fill with water add a dash of salt and oil and bring to a boil.
- Cook Pasta.
- when done take the mixture and put some on the bottom of pasta bowl. Pour some pasta in and then repeat.
- when everything is combined mix all together.
- Sprinkle some Parmesan Cheese and serve.