Recipe by bevs kitchen
This is an easy tasty salad or sandwich filling that my whole family loves--a winner in my book.
- 1⁄2 lb cooked chicken, cut up
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 4 ounces bacon lardons
- 4 ounces salad leaves
- 2 ounces sliced cucumbers
- 4 ounces sliced tomatoes
- 2 eggs, boiled
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons thousand island dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Cooked chicken cubes or strips can be used.
- Mix together chicken, spring onion with the mayo and thousand island.
- Spring onion can be strong--leave out if you prefer.
- Salt and pepper if required.
- Chili or cayenne could also be used for a kick.
- Set this aside.
- Peel and quarter boiled eggs.
- Cook lardons until crispy; drain and cool. (Smoked or unsmoked can be used).
- Place salad items onto the plate (improvise here to your taste and appetite).
- Place chicken into the centre top with egg and crispy bacon.
- Enjoy this simple but tasty salad or use as a filler.