Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is my families favorite chocolate chip cookie ever! When they are cooled onto a brown paper bag, it makes them nice and chewy. The flavor is excellent. I like to use a good high quality chocolate, you could use chunked chocolate if you want too, or 1/3 cup fresh coconut.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, very softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°F and grease cookie pan.
- Sift together flour,oat flour, soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugars until well blended.
- Beat in vanilla, egg and yolk until light and creamy.
- Mix in dry ingredients by hand until blended.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Drop dough onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake about 12 to 15 minutes until edges are lightly brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute.
- Cool completely onto brown paper bag.
- About 36 to 40 cookies.