1/6 Photos of Best Cherry Pie
1 hr 25 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
This is called Best Cherry Pie because it is a blue ribbon winner at the county fair in Vicksburg, MS (according to the cookbook "Vintage Vicksburg"). I think it's a blue ribbon winner
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Drain cherries, reserving 1/2 cup juice.
- 3Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- 4Combine cherry juice, food coloring, almond extract and lemon juice.
- 5Add to dry ingredients, mixing well.
- 6Add cherries and mix well again.
- 7Add butter and let stand for 15 minutes.
- 8Pour cherry mixture into pie crust and finish top with lattice work pie crust.
- 9Bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Cherry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.5
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 326.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 39.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g