Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love this simple cherry cobbler so much that I used to ask for it on my birthday instead of a birthday cake. Everyone I've ever made it for have loved it. My mom taught me the recipe and I've played around with it only a little (by cutting down the sugar slightly or using a different pie filling.)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar (or 3/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling (or pie filling of your choice. Personally, I like cherry and apple best)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in casserole dish (or the dish you use to bake the cobbler).
- In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, flour, and sugar.
- Pour the mixture into the dish with the butter, don't stir.
- Then add the pie filling again, not stirring, but do take a fork and move the filling around, just to disperse the mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour.
I first heard of this recipe, and tried it, several decades ago. Of course, it's not a "cobbler" in the truest since of the word, but its simplicity makes up for that. I used 1 lb. of frozen peaches, and also reduced the sugar to 3/4 cup. Few ingredients, minimal prep time to get into the oven, and taste make it a keeper. Wish I'd added a bit of cinnimon to the peaches. Thanks for posting!
This is my kind of recipe - easy and delicous ! I went with the 3/4 cup of sugar , no sugar added cheerry pie filling and 1/4 cup butter. I'm looking forward to making this with no sugar added apple pie filling. Also made it in an 8 x 8 dish. Thanks for a great, easy and good recipe !
Delicious, quick and EASY! You can put this together in 5 min. or less! I used the suggested 3/4 C. sugar (instead of 1 C.) and used only 1/4 C. of butter. The pan size wasn't mentioned in the instructions, so I used an 8" X 8" pan and it worked out great. I will definitely make this again. Thanks!