Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had a difficult time getting this recipe. I got this recipe from my great aunt. I have it memorized so I would never forget it. This is a one of a kind recipe and so delicious. One bowl of this soup will fill you up!
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat. Sauté celery and onions together.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes.
- In batches, puree potatoes in blender and return to sauce pan. (I usually don't use a blender, I just use a fork).
- Stir in milk and seasonings.
- Add the cheese and heat only until melted. garnish with paprika, croutons, and parsley.
I enjoyed this soup for lunch today. It was quick to make and really easy too. I made one slight change - used beef bouillon because it turned out that I didn't have chicken bouillon. I don't think it affected the taste any as it was great, but the colour may be a bit darker. As mentioned by *Parsley*, I too used an immersion blender. I think next time I would leave some large chunks in the soup just for fun. Thx Cori!
I loved this soup! I especially love that it's made with everyday ingredients that I most always have. I blended it with my immersion blender, leaving just a little bit of chunks for texture. I did used the optional paprika and it was the smoked variety. That added a great extra flavor. Thanx for posting this!