Recipe by cori #3
I had a difficult time getting this recipe. I got this recipe from my great aunt. I have it memorized so I would never forget it. This is a one of a kind recipe and so delicious. One bowl of this soup will fill you up!
Top Review by Ann K.
This made the perfect Base recipe! I did add fresh garlic , more cheese ,more onion and made with smoked sausage for more flavor also i left the potatoes cubed and used potato flakes to thicken it up a bit!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash paprika (optional)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat. Sauté celery and onions together.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes.
- In batches, puree potatoes in blender and return to sauce pan. (I usually don't use a blender, I just use a fork).
- Stir in milk and seasonings.
- Add the cheese and heat only until melted. garnish with paprika, croutons, and parsley.