1/4 Photos of Best Cheesy Potato Soup Ever!
cori #3's Note:
I had a difficult time getting this recipe. I got this recipe from my great aunt. I have it memorized so I would never forget it. This is a one of a kind recipe and so delicious. One bowl of this soup will fill you up!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat. Sauté celery and onions together.
- 2Add potatoes and chicken broth.
- 3Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes.
- 4In batches, puree potatoes in blender and return to sauce pan. (I usually don't use a blender, I just use a fork).
- 5Stir in milk and seasonings.
- 6Add the cheese and heat only until melted. garnish with paprika, croutons, and parsley.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Best Cheesy Potato Soup Ever!
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.7
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 61.1 mg
- Sodium 1273.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 16.7 g