Recipe by Fresca
My friend Luisa gave me this recipe at my wedding shower. I've prepared it several times and it is always a hit. always better when it has a chance to set. Add your favorite topping. Enjoy!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ I'm reluctant to agree that this is the 'Best Cheesecake in the World' but that's only because I haven't yet tasted ALL cheesecakes [am workin' on it, though]! Still, it is VERY, VERY GOOD & well worth 6-7 STARS!! It's also a cheesecake that SHOULD really be cut into 10 or more pieces! Thanks for the recipe!
- 500 g sour cream or 500 g low-fat sour cream
- 500 g Philadelphia Cream Cheese or 500 g low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 250 g graham crackers
- 250 g butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 1st 5 ingredients together well and keep aside.
- Crush graham crackers (can put in ziplock and pound bag until crushed).
- mix in butter and icing sugar.
- pour into pie plate.
- cook crust for 5-10 minutes at 300°F.
- let cool.
- Pour cheese mixture over crust and bake in 300F oven for 40 minutes.