Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The best cheesecake recipe I've found so far!
- 414.03 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 78.07 ml margarine or 78.07 ml butter, melted
- 295.73 ml sugar, divided
- 3 (680.38 g) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 236.59 ml BREAKSTONE'S Sour Cream (or KNUDSEN)
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 595.33 g can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350°F if using a silver 8- or 9-inch springform pan (or to 325°F if using a dark nonstick 8- or 9-inch springform pan). Mix graham cracker crumbs, margarine and 1/4 cup of the sugar. Press firmly onto bottom and 2-1/2 inches up side of pan; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and the remaining 1 cup sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour into crust.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minute or until center is almost set. Turn oven off. Open oven door slightly. Let cheesecake set in oven 1 hour. Remove cheesecake from oven; cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Loosen cheesecake from rim of pan; remove rim. Top cheesecake with pie filling just before serving. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.
this is wonderful.... made it with splenda and it was great didn't even put the fruit on top 5 stars all the way
Excellent cheesecake! Easy to put together, and my husband and I are loving it! Thanks! Made for PAC(Pick a Chef game) in the contests/events forum.
Giving you five stars for the ease of the recipe. Will rate later on taste as it is baking in the oven as we speak. Never attempted to try a cheesecake recipe before and after reading yours I thought what the heck. Glad I did. Only thing that I did different was not add the sugar to the graham crumbs.UPDATE. WOW....... This turned out and tasted great. I took a couple slices to friends of mine, who happen to be Korean, not big cheesecake eaters but big fans now. Still talking about it.