Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The most evil good tasting dessert I have ever had! Cookware : 10 inch springform pan. And Usually when I cook this cheesecake I get a small crack or two. I found a remedy to this problem though, if you place another rack underneath the cake while cooking containing a bowl of water you will not get any cracks. The water steams up and prevents the cake from cracking this method however will require you to watch more carefully; if you bake it too long the cake will be more like soup. Better to cook and just leave the crack, the taste will more than make up for it I promise!
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 (16 ounce) containers sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker
- 2 teaspoons softened butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- To make the Crust: First you want to put your graham crackers in a bowl and crush them to death!
- You want to have very fine pieces!
- After this add 2 teaspoons of softened butter and 2 teaspoons of sugar and mix well.
- Then add to the springform pan and smooth out over the bottom so that it is evenly distributed.
- Your crust is now done!
- As for the cake: Add all cake ingredients except vanilla into a very large mixing bowl and mix until smooth (sometimes after mixing by hand for awhile I use a mixer) then add your 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- When all done mixing you want to very slowly pour the cake mix into your springform pan with the graham crackers so that you do not push your crust everywhere.
- Pour it in the middle and let spread by itself.
- You want to fill the pan about 3/4 full maybe a little more but not to the top as it will overflow.
- Then put the cheesecake into the oven and place a sheet of aluminum foil lightly on top as not to touch the cake and let cook for 45 minutes.
- Then remove foil and cook an additional 5-15 minutes or until slightly darker yellow tinge becomes visible on the outside top edge.
- Then turn off oven heat and let the cheesecake sit in the oven for 1 hour.
- After this you must remove the cake from the oven and refrigerate it for at least 1 day (2 days and it will cut better).
- I know this might be a tease but it will be worth the wait!
- I promise.
- And just so you know ever since I created this evil cheesecake I now have to make it for everybody all the time so be warned.
I have mixed feelings on this one. I made it for a party at work and it did go over quite well. I got a lot of compliments, but I wasn't completely satisfied. It took longer to set than I expected, and it did crack while cooling.(I covered it with a strawberry topping.) I also prefer my cheesecake to be richer. This one was more creamy. Good taste, people seemed to like it, but it didn't turn out as I pictured. Fun to make though.
Oh...my..god! This is the best cheesecake recipe yet, and I have tryed alot of different ones. It is so creamy and light, and the taste is so yummy. Thanks joseph for posting the best cheesecake recipe. I will make it again and again! This is for sure a 5 star recipe.
delicious. I replaced sugar for equal (30 pac.) The Best cheesecake. Too good to be homemade