Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you like cheesy, this is the recipe for you. Its very easy and only takes a few minutes to make. Its nothing like normal cornbread. I make this when I don't want a little snack or a meal this is perfect. I always make it for guests and they always ask for the recipe so I decided it was time to post it.
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt (can sub buttermilk)
- 1⁄3 cup aunt jemima pancake mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheese (I use mixed cheese)
- Turn on sandwich maker, waffle iron, iron skillet or greased pan to medium heat.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Mixture should be thick. I add the cheese last and don't mix it in evenly. I like there to be spots with chunks of melted cheese.
- Scoop the amount you need depending on how you are cooking it. They will fluff up, so don't over fill sandwich maker or waffle iron. Usually about 1-3 minutes on each side. Longer if you like it toasty.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!