Recipe by Sydney Mike
The original of this recipe comes from the 2008 cookbook, Taste of Home Baking Classics.
Top Review by loof
This bread is delicious! Fairly dense, wonderfully savory. I was generous with my measurement of the dill and it's just great with the cheddar flavor; it's really what makes this bread special. Like another reviewer, I made this in mini-loaf pans and loved it - thanks for sharing a keeper!
- 3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then grease a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cheese, baking powder, garlic powder & dill.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil & honey, then stir this mixture into the flour mixture until just moistened.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan & bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing the loaf from the pan to cool slightly (upright) on the wire rack.
- Serve warm & enjoy! Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.