Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
The original of this recipe comes from the 2008 cookbook, Taste of Home Baking Classics.
Make and share this Best Cheese Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then grease a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cheese, baking powder, garlic powder & dill.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil & honey, then stir this mixture into the flour mixture until just moistened.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan & bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing the loaf from the pan to cool slightly (upright) on the wire rack.
- Serve warm & enjoy! Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
This bread is delicious! Fairly dense, wonderfully savory. I was generous with my measurement of the dill and it's just great with the cheddar flavor; it's really what makes this bread special. Like another reviewer, I made this in mini-loaf pans and loved it - thanks for sharing a keeper!
This recipe really is great! The bread comes out so moist, cheesy and delish! YUM!
I made quarter the recipe in a mini loaf pan, which worked out lovely. To intensify the garlic flavour I used a garlic infused butter instead of the oil and as I didnt have eggs at home subbed a flax egg for the real one.
The honey really made this bread special, it added such a wonderful hint of sweetness. Mmmm!
What a great recipe that I will certainly make again!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper with us, Syd!
Made and reviewed for WTTM Tag Game May 2011 and for the Lovin from the Oven special event in the Photo Forum.
This had a very dood taste to it, though I did feel that it was like a biscuit, but I did like the taste, and thought it was fit for Thansgiving week, which went good with some leftover thansgiving dinner, and some soup. Made for Holiday tag.