This is a great recipe from a coworker, who got it from a Health Canada publication like 20 years ago. Kids like it, and if there are leftovers (rarely!) simmer it down and add a little butter and you have a great, healthy pasta sauce.
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and potatoes; stir to coat with butter.
- Add chicken broth, water, salt, tarragon and pepper.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat 15 minutes or until vegetables are well cooked.
- Purée soup in batches in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour back into saucepan.
- Stir in milk.
- Heat and serve.