Recipe by kalla
This is a great recipe from a coworker, who got it from a Health Canada publication like 20 years ago. Kids like it, and if there are leftovers (rarely!) simmer it down and add a little butter and you have a great, healthy pasta sauce.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter for 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and potatoes; stir to coat with butter.
- Add chicken broth, water, salt, tarragon and pepper.
- Cover and simmer over medium heat 15 minutes or until vegetables are well cooked.
- Purée soup in batches in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour back into saucepan.
- Stir in milk.
- Heat and serve.